AMUND. A hamlet and post office (1888-1907) in the northwest corner of section 22, Eden Township.
BENSON GROVE. A vilIage and post office (1866-84) about one mile to the east of the present railroad
station of Leland.
BENSON GROVE STATION. See Lelandsburgh below.
DEERING. A post office from 1880 to 1886 and again from 1890 to 1891 in section 7, Newton Township.
DELANO. A post office (1890-1902) in section 36, Center Township.
GRYTTE. A post office from 1897 to 1900 in the southwest corner of section 36, Logan Township.
HOLLANDALE. A post office from 1897 to 1902 in section 24, Grant Township.
LELANDSBURGH. The name of the present village of Leland for a time. The post office was also Lelandsburgh from 1881 to 1885. On the founding of the place
in 1880 it was called Benson Grove Station, but the name was soon changed to Lelandsburgh, and finally to Leland.
LIME CREEK CITY. See Mount Valley below.
MOUNT VALLEY. A post office (1877-97) in the southeastern part of section 11 and the northeastern part of section 14, Mount Valley Township. It was called
Lime Creek City on maps of 1857.
NASHEIM. The name of the post office at the present hamlet of Vinjie from 1889 to 1891.
NORMAN. A former station and town on the M. & St. L. R. R. a short distance south of the present station of
RATNA. A post office (1889-1900) in the northeast corner of section 9, Mount Valley Township.
STEEN. A post office from 1892 to 1894 in Grant Township, west of and not far from the later post office of Hollandale (see above).
TWEETEN. A post office from 1900 to 1903 in the southwestern part of section 11, Newton Township.
Winnebabo County was named
for an Iowa Indian Tribe
Established January 15, 1851
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|