Welcome to

Iowa Ghost Towns ...and More!

TROY. A village on the C., B. & Q. Railroad in section 18, White Breast Township, about two miles east of Lucas, as appears on maps of the early 1900's. Lucas


TUNIS. A post office about two miles north of Agency from 1897 to 1900. Wapello


TUNNEL. In the northwestern part of Hamilton Township. Post office, 1885-97. Hamilton


TURKEY GROVE. The name first given to the post office at Grove City, from 1857 to 1863, which see above. Cass


TURKEY RUN. In the northeastern part of Center Township, as shown on maps of 1857. Decatur


TURNER. A former station on the C., R. 1. & P. Railway in Rock Creek Township. Jasper


TURNER. A post office from 1874 to 1879 in the central part of Deer Creek Township. Mills


TURNERSVILLE. In the eastern part of Banks Township, as shown on maps of 1862. Fayette


TUSCARORA. A hamlet in the southeast corner of section 8, Franklin Township. Its post office was established in 1840, but in 1853 the name was changed to Dover. Lee


TUTTLE GROVE. In section 20, Orange Township. Post office, 1875-77. Guthrie


TWEETEN. A post office from 1900 to 1903 in the southwestern part of section 11, Newton Township. Winnebago


TWELVE MILE GROVE. Listed in the U. S. postal records as a post office in Warren County in 1863, but the location not found. Warren


TWIN LAKES. In section 31, Sherman Township. Post office, 1867-89. Calhoun


TWIN OAK. A post office in the southwestern part of section 20, Oakland Township, from 1873 to 1881. Louisa


TWIN OAK. A post office in the southwestern part of section 23, Oaklanmd Township, from 1873-1881. Louisa


TWIN SPRINGS. The name of the post offiee at the present village of Kendallville from 1856 to 1874. Winneshiek


TWIN SPRINGS. The present village of Festina in Washington Township was platted as Twin Springs in 1856, but the name was later changed to the name of its post office, Festina. Winneshiek


TYNER. A small village in the central part of Elkhart Township with a post office, 1877-1902. Polk


TYPEE. Listed in the U. S. Official Register of 1846 as a post office in Jefferson County, but not found on the maps of that period. Jefferson


TYRO. A post office (1862-73) in the eastern part of section 32, Washington Township. Poweshiek


TYSON'S MILLS. The pioneer name of the present town of Lehigh. It was begun in 1855 as Tyson's Mills. The name was changed to Vesper, and later to Lehigh. Tyson's Mills was the name of the post office from 1870 to 1876. Webster

Page 2 of 2

EZ TOWN INDEX PAGE

Have any information about one of these towns? Share with us via our Contact Page!   The county is listed in Green.

©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

EZ TOWN INDEX PAGE

Page 2 of  2

Page

1

2

Page

1

2

Iowa Ghost Towns

Town Index - T (Page 2)