ERNEST. A post office in 1872 to 1874 in the southern part of section 6, Wheeler Township.
GIBRALTAR. A post office in 1869 to 1871 in the northwest corner of Sioux Township in the northwest corner of the state.
IUKA. The former name of the present village and railroad station of Granite.
KROGNESS. A hamlet and post office in section 9, Richland Township, as shown on maps of 1887.
PARK. Former name of the present village of Alvord.
PENNINGTON. A post office (1883-86) in the northern part of Richland Township.
RIVER VIEW. A post office from 1872 to 1886 in the northwestern part of section 2, Grant Township, about two miles southwest of the present
village of Little Rock.
SMEAD. A post office for a few months in 1871 a short distance south of the present town of Rock Rapids.
UPLAND. A post office in section 16, Centennial Township, from 1877 to 1890.
WARREN. Former name of the present town of Inwood.
WILLDA. A post office from 1873 to 1875 in the eastern part of section 22, Grant Township
Lyon County was named after
A Brigadier General in the
Mexican and Seminole Indian War.
Established January 15, 1851
If you have any information about any of these towns, please share with us via our Contact Us form.
©2005 Iowa Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|