Is in Jones County, about equidistant from Wyoming, Olin, and Oxford Junction, and just north of the Wapsipinicon River. Maybe 5 or 6 homes?
Submitted by Mark Gruben
Hale Township was organized in 1851. It was named for Hon. J. P. Hale.
Is an unincorporated community in Jones County, Iowa, United States.
Hale is north of the Wapsipinicon River, east of Olin, and west of Oxford Junction.
Hale was platted in 1876 by J. C. Austin
HALE, IOWA (Jones County)
Click on image for larger view!!
©2005-2015 Ghost Towns - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
St. Joseph, or St. Joe to the locals, had its beginning as Hale's Post Office (or Hale, Iowa) which was established on April 10, 1871.
The name was changed to St. Joseph on September 10, 1878. As far as the records show, the town was never platted but grew. (More can be read at Places of Kussuth County here:
|EZ County Index with Towns|
|EZ Town Index with Info|